Encounter. Equip. Empower.
EMBARK is a 12-week internship hosted by Gateway House of Prayer from February to April. Each year, we invite anyone young adult age or older to take a journey with us in being encountered by God, equipped by the Word, and empowered by the Spirit.
EMBARK 2019 Dates
February 4 – April 25, 2019.
Evening trainings will be held Monday and Thursday from 7:00 – 9:00 PM.
EMBARK Training Outline
- Ten hours per week in the Prayer Room – You’ll be required to sign up for one two-hour watch that you will commit to serve on each week. The remaining eight hours required each week can be completed however it best fits your schedule.
- Home Group and Prayer Training – Monday nights from 7 pm – 9 pm, you will alternate between home groups and prayer training.
- Home group: Build community and connect with others in the internship.
- Prayer training: Grow in your understanding and practice of corporate worship, prayer, interession, and ministering to others.
- Equipping Class – Thursday nights (from 7:00 – 9:00 p.m.): Through teaching and impartation, you will receive instruction in various topics helpful for you to encounter God, ground you in the Scriptures and establish in lifestyle empowered by the Holy Spirit.
- Scripture Memorization
- Fasting – From food and media
- Life Challenges – Practical ministry assignments given each week to stretch your perception of “normal” Christianity
- Mentoring – Each intern will be assigned a personal mentor throughout the internship
Malachi Track // Leaders: Jonathan and Becky Pickett
The Malachi track is geared toward the 50+ age group. The teaching is taken from Malachi 4:5-6, “See, I will send you the prophet Elijah before that great and dreadful day of the Lord comes. He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children and the hearts of the children to their fathers, or else I will come and strike the land with a curse.” God has a unique plan for every season of life. Learn how you can prepare your heart to disciple the next generation. Join us as we “mobilize the mature,” because this is not a time to retire, but to REFIRE!
Youth (Juniors and Seniors) & Individual/Couples Track // Lead by: Nick Mousetis & Matt Swords
In Matthew 21:13, Jesus declares “My house shall be called a house of prayer.” As part of the Youth and Individuals/Couples track, you’ll get to run with other youth and individuals/couples in your pursuit of greater experiential knowledge of God. Sharpen each other as iron sharpens iron in the context of the EMBARK Internship to be empowered to live a life devoted to God in prayer, worship, and holy living. You’ll have time to process the teachings and all the Holy Spirit is speaking as you spend time with Him. of study in the Scriptures as well as personal prophecy and transparent fellowship in Christ.
Nightwatch Track // Leader: Caleb Nolt
The Nightwatch Track will prioritize honoring Jesus and giving him a pure offering during the watches of the night. While the world is mostly sleeping, we will keep the the fire burning on the altar with a strong team to bring worship, adoration, and intercession before the King. We will specifically cry out for revival, transformation, and the harvest in Lancaster County and the nations. The Nightwatch commitment will be 10+ hours in the night (anytime from midnight – 4am).
A non-refundable application fee of $35 (payable by check to ECC/Gateway) is required to process your application. (It will be credited to the internship fee.)
- Embark Internship Fee: $750/individual, $1,200/couple
- Early Bird Rate: $650/individual, $1,000/couple (due by January 15th)
- Youth Rate: $300/individual (Juniors & Seniors)
Apply for EMBARK
Follow the link to download the packet to begin applying for EMBARK 2019.